Autore Topic: Rapier Event in England  (Letto 11630 volte)

rob_runacres

Rapier Event in England
« il: 13 Febbraio 2011, 11:02:32 pm »
Firstly, my apologies for not writing in Itlaian; I hope you will forgive me!

We at the School of the Sword (http://www.schoolofthesword.com/) are holding an event to mark our 10th anniversary; it is a weekend dedicated to rapier, mainly Italian, but also French, some Spanish (though Thibault) and possibly Dutch. I very much hope that some of your organisation would be interested and possibly attend.

Here is the full announcement by Caroline Stewart, the Director of the School:

Citazione
This September, The School of the Sword will be hosting a 2 day event dedicated to the study of the rapier.

The vision behind the event, which celebrates the 10th year of the School of the Sword in its current form, is to bring together a group of instructors and students, over the course of two days, to take part in a series of workshops and a tournament dedicated to rapier in all its forms. Key to this is the fact that, unlike the majority of HEMA events, the level of the workshops and expected level of the attendees is not “beginner”. There are plenty of events across Europe where one can try something for the first time. Our drive is to give experienced practitioners the chance to compare and contrast different styles/sources, taught by good instructors, at a focused, single weapon event.

By pitching the content and approach of the workshops at this level, focusing on more advanced techniques and principles, we hope that the exchange between delegates and instructors will greatly develop the broader understanding of the rapier and its companion weapons.

By giving workshops, demonstration bouts between instructors in different styles, and the chance for experimental exchanges, the event should be seen as an academic exercise as well as a physical one.

The event will be held on the weekend of the 24th - 25th September 2011, in Aldershot, Hants.
More details , and the event website, will follow soon.

CS

Zaknafein

• Amministratore
  • Primo Ramingo
  • Protettore del Casato
    • Sala d'Arme Zaknafein
Re: Rapier Event in England
« Risposta #1 il: 16 Febbraio 2011, 03:56:28 pm »
Gentle Mr. Runacres,

the event seems very interesting; surely we could be interested, I'm going to send you an e-mail or a pm for other informations.
Thank you,

Francesco Lodà,
Presidente Accademia Romana d'Armi
At last, stars.

rob_runacres

« Risposta #2 il: 07 Agosto 2011, 09:12:45 pm »
Firstly, my apologies for not posting for some time!

The event website is now complete with full details of the weekend, including rules for the tournament. I hope to see some of you there.

Rob

Zaknafein

• Amministratore
  • Primo Ramingo
  • Protettore del Casato
    • Sala d'Arme Zaknafein
« Risposta #3 il: 10 Agosto 2011, 03:59:48 pm »
Hello Rob,

thanks for the informations, I just wrote to yoy an email about our partecipation.
Hoping to see you in september,

Francesco
At last, stars.